Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Indie Finds - Super Amazing Wagon Adventure

When I saw the folks over at Giant Bomb do a Quick Look of this Xbox Live Indie Title, I knew I was in for a treat.

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure is a game by Sparsevector in the vein of old Oregon Trail games. You even need to hunt for animals to stock up on food for your journey (the best part of Oregon Trail, in my opinion).

That's where the comparison ends.

What you'll embark on is a fast-paced journey across space and time in a saga of survival, loss, ninjas, zombies, dinosaurs, unicorns, dragons, and more (yes, there's more).

I'll admit that I've spent hours with this game (don't judge me), and have yet to see its end.

You'll unlock new wagons for your journey along with a handful of survival modes to test your skill. The weapons are also plentiful here, ranging from a dismal pistol to a flamethrower to a trained falcon, and everything in-between.

The Atari-esque art aesthetic is awesome, and the soundtrack is pretty dang impressive. You can also switch between normal viewing or a CRT mode, for an extra dash of nostalgia.

The value that you get when you spend 80 Microsoft Points (approx. $1.00) on this game is insane. If you have a few extra points, please click here and show your support. If you'd like to pick this up on the PC, Sparsevector has a link here that'll get you the game for the PC for $2.99. The game has also been submitted to Steam for their Greenlight program. Click here to make sure this great title shows up on Steam!

3 comments:

  1. This seems like a game I could waste a very large portion of my life playing. This is totally on my list now. By the way Kurt, I'm following your blog now, because it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha just like the Oregon trail

    ReplyDelete