Friday, November 23, 2012

Game Fest 2013 - A Year of Review

This blog has been neglected for too long.

I've been wondering for a long time, "What am I doing with this thing?" It was meant to be something that would help me get into the industry as a game designer. I'm to the point now where I don't care what the job is. I just want a job in the games industry somewhere.

My wife is the better blogger than me. She does a fantastic job over at her Touching Paper blog, and I wanted her help to make mine better than it is. So I made an early New Year's Resolution along with a few changes.

First, reviews will start on a regular basis at the beginning of the year. Among my family and friends, I would say I am one who knows a lot about games and feel as though I could be fair enough to give people information as to what to buy and to play. I will do my best to write my reviews to explain games like I was speaking to them. Reviews, in general, I think are a hard thing to do. You always trust good movie and book recommendations from people you know, but in the end, if you want to read or watch something, you'll do it anyway. I hope that as you read this, you'll start to understand who I am and what I like and go from there.

Second, I hope to try and shed some light on a few things around the business that people might not know. Much like the general public knows the names of Steven Spielberg or James Cameron, I hope that you'll get to know names like Peter Molyneux or Shigeru Miyamoto.

Third, I've decided to do something I'm calling Game Fest. It's something that I'll do throughout 2013, and what this means is that I'm filling my Gamefly queue (50 games at a time) and playing through as many games that I possibly can in a whole year. If they are great, that'll make this easier. However, this isn't meant to play great games the whole year. It's meant to help me learn from as many different games that I can.

Well, that covers that for now. In the upcoming months, I hope to get a fresh coat of paint on this thing and see if I can squeeze out a review or two before the end of the year.

1 comment: