Thursday, May 21, 2009

Revisiting a Classic...


Back when I was a kid, there was a game that came out called Bionic Commando for the Nintendo. It was so cool, and it stuck out in my mind because of one thing...the Bionic Arm. My little kid mind couldn't wrap my head around how cool it was to just shoot out your arm, grab hold of something, and pull yourself to it. Seems pretty simple and ridiculous when I say it that way, but the designers at Capcom made something fresh and original in Bionic Commando.


We had some good times with Bionic Commando. Thankfully, so did Capcom. They liked it so much, they gave it a nice face lift:


I've just been playing it for about an hour, and I'm impressed. Everything looks great and well done. It's fun to play, and definitely been worth this rental. So let me put it this way if you want to see more of one tough son of a gun doing this:


Or this:


...and fight this:


...then you've got to check out the new Bionic Commando!

Check it out here: Bionic Commando

No comments:

Post a Comment