Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Level One

OmegaRedSix here, making my first attempt at the best gaming blog on the planet.

Here is my goal: to provide thoughts on gaming that will be helpful to those that might want to know more or provide views on gaming that are fresh and different.

To tell you just a little bit about me, I'm a child of the eighties. I grew up in the golden age of Nintendo. My first exposure to video games was through my brother buying one for our house, and I guess ever since then I've had quite the fascination with them.

Gaming has always been a fun form of entertainment for me, but I will say that I've definitely danced the fine line between normalcy and too much time spent on them. When I decided what I wanted to do with my life, I danced between numerous options and I eventually thought that sociology would be my calling in life. After I married my sweetheart though, she could see that I would like doing something that I've always liked all my life: gaming. I now study to get a Digital Media degree at Utah Valley University to get a job in the gaming industry.

Like any other form of entertainment, time spent needs to be done in moderation. As you read my posts, this is the bottom line: I love gaming, but I love my family more. I'm going to design games not only because I've loved them all my life, but because I want to build a life for them.

I hope you enjoy what I have to say, but remember, this is just one gamer's thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to your most excellent gaming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea, Turk. Keep going! I love you!

    ReplyDelete